THE ERA STORY
Eagle Ranch Academy was founded by two successful football coaches, Paul and Dave Arslanian, that have spent a lifetime helping talented but often troubled teens developing attitudes and strategies for maximizing their abilities and achieving great success in their lives.
(Article from the Vancouver Canada Sun newspaper at the BC Lions Football training camp 2001)
Paul Arslanian (Professional and College Football Coach) and Dave Arslanian (Head Football Coach at Snow College, Weber State University and Utah State University) had a vision for a youth program and through hard work and commitment to excellence has developed Eagle Ranch Academy into one of the most respected and successful treatment programs in the country.
Dave Arslanian says, "As a former head football coach I know the value of having a great plan and then executing that plan with a great team. We have assembled an outstanding Youth Development Professionals to help us in this important endeavor. As coaches we have worked with young men from all walks of life and throughout the years we became aware for the need of intervention programs that can redirect and in some cases save a life."
"While parents sometimes feel powerless, good young people head down the wrong path with little to stop them; while peer pressure or poor choices push then further away from a healthy, productive, and fulfilling life. Our goal is simply stated ...... Help Parents help their Children get back on track.
Location: St. George, Utah
Students Admitted: Co-ed, ages 12 through 17
Admissions: Open Enrollment
Program Duration: 6-10 months
School Enrollment: 52 Students - Limited Enrollment which provides for a small and closely monitored program
Type of Program: Choice Based Program using a Core Value Behavior Change approach
Academic Accreditation: SACS CASI (Southern Association of College and Schools, Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement)
License: Residential Treatment Center (RTC), State of Utah, Department of Human Services
WHO WE ARE
Eagle Ranch Academy is a co-ed residential education program for struggling teens, ages 12 through 17. Licensed and monitored by the State of Utah as a Residential Treatment Program, with an extensive accredited academic and life skills program for its students.
- ERA has a modern campus with five separate buildings comprising over 17,000 sq. ft. all located on 3 acres in St. George, Utah.
- This campus setting creates an environment where personal accountability leads students toward academic achievement, emotional health, and a successful future.
- Students typically come with problems including but not limited to: great ability but poor performance, out of control behavior, angry and defiant, sullen and distant, drug/alcohol use, divorce/adoption issues, avoidance/run away issues, negative peer group, medically diagnosed issues (ADDA, ADHD, Addictions, weight control, teen depression, etc.)
- Solutions come from a state of the art Behavior Changing Value Based Program administered by some of the best professionals in the business.
- Limited enrollment of 48-52 students allows ERA to first solve the problems, and second teach Students how to maximize their abilities, and develop strategies for enhancing those abilities to levels the student never thought possible.
- Intensive therapy, accredited academics, fitness and nutrition training, life skills, and self introspection are all part of the program.
- Upon completion, continued support with the Aftercare Program and also ERA's unique Alumni Program.
- New! ERA Program Graduates are awarded a $1,000 scholarship to be used upon enrollment in a college, university or trade school of their choice.
- Our purpose is to affect the lives of young men and women and their families in ways that creates an attitude of giving rather than taking, and provides a solid foundation for a productive and fulfilling life.